Posts Tagged ‘acai berry benefits’
Earlier acai berries were available only for the locals of Brazil and for the tourists that happen to come for travel purposes. With its increasing popularity it has emerged as a miracle fruit. Nowadays people from every corner of the world enjoy this fruit in the form of juices, supplements, powders or extracts. It is easily available on the internet as well as if you reside near the western hemisphere you can find distributors that sell this fruit. This fruit contains essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc and copper.
Uses of Acai Berry Fruit
Acai berries are consumed by people in several ways. Most often it becomes a part of breakfast. A bowl full of acai berries along with other items like pulp, blueberries, bananas, or strawberries are a terrific combination for breakfast. At social gatherings this fruit is used as an ingredient for enhancing the taste of cocktails. In addition to cocktails this fruit is used as ingredients for romanticizing, smoothies, and sorbets. This fruit has become a hot favorite for summer refreshment and frozen treats. There are various benefits of the acai fruit and extracts from the acai that are useful for the human body.
You can use its berries as food or a flavoring in tequila; the açaí palm has other commercial uses also. Acai berries are also used in various edible products like wines, snacks, as flavorings and even as a berry fruit juice. The sauces made from the berry fruits are used for enhancing the taste of prepared meat and fish dishes.
Acai fruit is consumed by the Brazilian locals on an everyday basis. This fruit is beneficial and it is also the best local and natural source of nutrients and vitamins. You can consume this fruit in any way or method you like, but you must consume this fruit in a fresh form or in a powdered form.
Benefits of Acai berry
Lots of research has been done by researchers regarding the benefits of acai. The fruit stem and leaves of acai are all very important to us. It has been seen that the leaves of acai are used for making hats, mats, types of baskets, brooms and roofing can also be made easily with the leaves and trunk of this palm. The leaves have pest resistant properties that help you keep insects and pests away. Like the leaves, the trunk wood is equally beneficial. When processed properly the trunks can also provide essential minerals.
The seeds of acai can be used as livestock food. There are several benefits of acai palm tree that helps people to safeguard themselves from their environmental deficiencies and infections. From various research, evidence has been found that this fruit helps you in regulating your heart rate, maintaining cholesterol level and normalizing blood sugar. It is also recently tested for its capacity of fighting almost every form of cancer. This is also found that this fruit helps to protect you from future diseases and also fights against diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and heart failures. Athletes consume acai juices as an energy drink for energizing themselves and keeping them fit and healthy. It shortens recovery time of any type of injury or even fatigue.
Acai berry fruit is also related to strengthening of the bodies immune system. Some researchers also state that the acai slows down the untimely aging process, helps you in reducing fat from your body and aids in maintaining a youthful appearance.
This is because of the elements of metabolic qualities present within this berry that helps in reducing excess fat. By increasing the metabolism level in your body you can easily burn fat. It also helps you to detoxify the body. With all of these benefits, maintaining an unhealthy weight is difficult. Acai extract even helps you to fight against the growth of Alzheimer’s disease.
Acai berry fruit doesn’t have any side effects like other fruits and can be taken without worry. The combination of several nutrients, amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and other properties make this fruit one of the wonders of the natural food kingdom. This fruit is no doubt truly one of nature’s most healing foods, and a praiseworthy addition to any healthy diet. Acai berries are loaded with essential as well as crucial fatty acids. These crucial fatty acids are healthy and thus they can help you to control bad LDL cholesterol and also to maintain good HDL cholesterol in your body.
In this article we are going to discuss some simple acai berry benefits you simply shouldn’t miss. Why? Well, with so many exciting reasons to start an acai berry diet or supplemental program, so many people miss out on the smaller, yet in my view, significant reasons to get started today. With a veritable avalanche of positive qualities, picking the ones that are best is actually tough to do! Ready to take a closer look? Great! Read on below!
1) Acai berries are full of antioxidants! How much? Up to 30 times the Antocyanine value found in red wine!
2) Acai berries may just be really good for your cholesterol! Why? They have ample supplies of fatty acids like Omega 6 and Omega 9. (Research studies prove that these two fatty acids help moderate cholesterol)
3) Acai is great for detox and cleansing, too! High levels of fiber clean out the body from the inside out!
4) Need an influx of amazing energy? Many people (myself included) find a big burst of energy from the berry…and it remains of the most popular reasons for taking it across the world!
5) Acai is called the Amazonian Viagra for a reason! Need a bump in your sex drive? Your answer might just be in a whole new kind of purple pill..:-)
6) This super fruit may just promote a healthy cardiovascular system as well. Why? It’s Anti-Oxidant properties play an important role in cardiovascular health and optimal blood circulation.
7) Acai Berry just feels great in your daily diet! Yes, it’s true….and this is the one benefit you have to experience to understand!
Acai berry fruit grows wild in the dense rainforests of Amazon. Though it is been extensively used by the natives of South America for centuries but the fascinating benefits of the fruit are till date unknown to many people around the world.
The locals of Amazon are using this incredible super fruits for thousand of years to enhance their vivacity and strength. The fruit is beneficial to all. It has the amazing compilation of essential nutrients and vitamins that promotes the healthy functioning of all the body organs. Though the catalogue of the good health acai berry benefits is endless however, the most astonishing benefits are listed below:
1. Acai berry benefits in reducing cholesterol levels – this berry contains a compound known as anthocyanins. This compound regulates the cholesterol levels of the body and hence trims down the risks of heart diseases. The anthocyanins is the same compound that is present in the wines. However, the levels of the compound are much higher in the acai. Along with the advantageous compound, the berry also contains vital fatty acids like omega-6 and omega-9 which further maintains the healthy cholesterol levels in the body.
2. Acai berry benefits in anti aging – The soaring levels of antioxidants and vitamins present in the fruit plays a vital role in defying your age. This antioxidant rich fruit delays the occurrence of wrinkles on skin, holds up greying of hair and keep you energised and happy. This anti aging super food has the potential to make you look forever young!
3. Last but not the least, the acai berry benefits in losing weight are incredible. The berry has all the necessary nutrients that accelerate the metabolic processes of our body. The sped up metabolism help us to digest the food and burn the calories at a faster pace thus helping to lose weight rapidly.
Unlike before, the fruit is easily available in food stores and grocery stores. Furthermore, because of the unparalleled acai berry benefits, it is used as the prime ingredients in many food products like health drinks, juices, ice creams, jellies and even breads.
The Acai Berry is a small purple berry found in the Brazilian and Peruvian rainforests. It is known for its numerous health benefits. Today I’m can discuss the top five health benefits of acai juice. Hopefully, this will help you determine if this powerful antioxidant is right for you.
1. Improves heart health
Acai is considered an anti-inflammatory product due to the large content of anthocyanins. Because of this, it protects both the large and small blood vessels. These anthocyanins are the same photochemicals that have doctor’s everywhere recommending a daily glass of red wine. The acai fruit is actually better for you than red wine because it contains 30% more anthocyanins than is found in red wine. This means that you get a larger concentration of these healthful antioxidants without worrying about any potential risks associated with alcohol consumption.
2. Lowers cholesterol
Because of the high concentration of Omega fatty acids and the high fiber content, the acai berry may help lower cholesterol. While there is some controversy as to whether Omega 6 fats are good for you, most human studies indicate that they lower cholesterol because they suppress molecules that mediate the accumulation of fat in arteries. There is also evidence that healthy individuals have levels of Omega 6 fatty acids in their blood stream when compared to patients with cardiovascular illnesses.
The acai berry may help slow the aging process. Antioxidants protect us from free radicals because they work to neutralize these harmful contaminants in our bodies. Free radicals are believed to accelerate the aging process as well as speed up at the progression of age-related diseases. By neutralizing harmful free radicals, the acai berry can help slow aging process.
4. Weight loss
Everyone knows there is no quick fix for weight loss. However, acai juice may in fact support a healthy diet and exercise. The reason for this is the high level of antioxidants found in a acai berry work to speed up the metabolism. This combined with the fact that it gives you more energy, can help you lose weight more quickly and allow you to fell better while doing so.
5. Increases blood flow
Acai fruit works to increase the blood flow inside your body. This is this offers numerous health benefits. Poor circulation can lead to numerous conditions including clotting, heart problems, and may also contribute to baldness.
The acai berry is considered by many as a super fruit as it has many of the minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and the like that are considered very important in keeping a person fit and healthy. This fruit which is derived from the palm of the same name is found all across the rain forests of Central and South America, most commonly in swampy and floodplain areas. As with many of the disappearing species of mostly beneficial plant forms in the rain forests, this fruit too could have taken its secrets to the grave. However the acai berry has been a staple in the diet of many of the native Indian tribes inhabiting the areas mentioned above and with its recent elevation to world wide fame through the efforts of TV talk show hosts as well as local and international marketing professionals, such a sad fate is unlikely to befall this berry, at least.
The benefits that are supposed to be available to users of acai berry products include:
- It is a rich source of important antioxidants
- A number of vitamins are found in the fruit
- Anthocyanins and different omega fatty acids are found in large numbers and these help in maintaining a healthy heart.
- The compounds in the fruit are good for the skin
- Eyesight is enhanced
- People taking acai berry products feel rejuvenated because it increases energy levels
- Sexual prowess in men improves
- Digestion improves because of high fibre content
- Slows the aging process
- Reduces appetite so helps in weight loss – this is one of the biggest benefits advertised by different manufacturers and retailers.
The above list could have some additions, but the main factor is that most of the above claims are unsubstantiated by proper controlled scientific research and experiments. The little that has been found is that:
- It is a stable, natural colouring agent
- It has good colour contrast properties when used during MRI scans
- It retards the growth of laboratory leukaemia cells to some extent.
An analysis of the compounds that make up the fruit pulp reveals that it is slightly better than similar dark coloured fruits like blueberries, cherries, red wine, etc, but is not considered by the scientific community to be top bracket enough to be called a super food. The number of people reporting scams as regards the quality of the ingredients being put in the acai berry products they have used as also the difficulty in getting back refunds by people who had opted for the free trial offer and decided not to continue has been climbing. This has resulted in the same talk show hosts who had earlier given blanket approval for these products, launching investigations into whether people have been duped.
That being said, the number of true believers in this wonder food is also growing and it is left to the individual to decide whether or not to spend the required amount of money to purchase and hopefully benefit from the acai berry.